“Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look upon them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.” – Sun Tzu, Art of War
What’s up Inner Strength listeners? Do you like that quote? There is a lot of high-level success coaching that can be gleaned from it. And it’s at the heart of what we’re going to chat about today.
I’ve been thinking through the Go-Giver series of books that I’ve been reading by author Bob Burg, and I wanted to share some thoughts with you because I believe the depth of knowledge from these books will help you to accomplish any goal, and ultimately, that is what this Inner Strength show is all about. So without further adieu, here is what we’re going to unpack today …
- You get what you give. Leaders aren’t simply all about the vision. Leaders need to be the best at giving. Here’s why … (02:06)
- If you just want to make the sale, you’re dependent upon the goodwill of the customer. But if you know this leadership principle, you are in the driver’s seat and customers will follow without resistence (03:51)
- Money is not a measure of goodness or worthiness. Here’s what it really measures, and why getting more is simple … (04:52)
- Great leaders are fascinated and curious. Develop these to grow your impact … (5:15)
- The difference between REACTING and RESPONDING, and which one good leaders always do … (06:02)
- Why the leader must keep focused on seeing the big picture, even when those he leads are fearful (09:01)
- What influence really is and the secret for unleashing its full potential … (10:37)
Ok. So this was a bit different than some of the stuff we’ve talked about in the past, but as you’ll see, the knowledge in these books is complementary to everything you’re already doing to become the best version of yourself. This is just another tool in the arsenal. And remember, leading others begins with leading yourself, and all of these points are applicable in that regard.
Leave us a review!
After more than a year of shows, we’re getting into a pretty good groove, and I’m hearing from listeners that the show is helping them. I am so happy to hear that.
If you like the show, you’re getting value from it, please leave the show a positive review on iTunes. And be sure to share the show with someone you know who could benefit.
Becoming our best selves and unlocking our own inner strength naturally leads to wanting to help others to do the same. Sharing this with them is a good start.
Alright. That’s all I’ve got for you today. I hope you geek out on this stuff like I do. Until next time, keep pressing on. You’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell