Everyone’s competing for talent, but who’s doing it right? Well, our guests on this episode certainly are. These guys have cracked to code on how to reach top construction professionals all across North America. We’re back with Ed and Paul from Contractor Staffing Source to bust myths 4, 5, and 6 on recruiting.
Show highlights include:
- Why wedding planners make great selections coordinators (4:26)
- How to double the number of applicants you get by changing one word on your job postings (12:33)
- The “Elevate then Delegate” secret for scaling your construction company with less headaches and hiccups (17:55)
- Why hiring from another industry can be a disaster if not planned properly (and how it can be a business and sanity-saving decision) (26:44)
- How hiring too fast is a surefire way to lose good people and sabotaging your company's morale (30:50)
- The “Setting the Hook” trick for guaranteeing you hire the best candidate (34:15)
- Why hiring the wrong employee is 15x more expensive than their annual salary (41:54)
- How success can dupe you into making crippling recruiting mistakes (1:02:59)
- The “Sports Team” mindset shift that keeps your team motivated and engaged and improving (1:06:58)
- How a culture based on love transforms every teammate into recruiting machines (1:12:02)
If you want to learn more about Paul and Ed and the hiring services they provide, you can visit https://www.contractorstaffingsource.com. Or hit us through our Contact Page at https://buildernuggets.com and we’ll make a personal introduction.
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.