Most of us, at some point, have lost valuable team members. Our guest this week is a familiar voice, and he's going to explain the change in mindset that's needed to hold onto the people you already have. Join us as Steve Barkhouse shows us why valuing your people as individuals can create freedom for them and your whole team. Let's jump into the retention business.
Show highlights include:
- How treating your team members like your clients will help you drown in applications (5:12)
- Why letting your teammates leave early is one of the best retention “hacks” you never heard of (7:35)
- The “Small Investment Strategy” for your staff that makes them jump out of bed to work for you every day (10:35)
- How something as simple as reading testimonials to your team makes them never want to work for someone else (11:38)
- Why sharing your finaicals with your team attracts smarter and more talented people (even if being 100% transparent seems scary) (15:07)
- How a simple 15-minute “Tailgate Talk” with your team members shows them you care about them (23:51)
- The “hidden” question to add to your employee surveys taty makes them want to refer you to their friends and family (34:44)
If you’d like to learn more about Steve and how to build a company culture your staff loves, check out his website at https://www.amsted.ca/.
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.