TRAINING! It’s an absolute must. With no end in sight to the high demand for housing, coupled with a tight labor pool and trade base, training will be a necessity for growth moving forward. It is essential in building the workforce of tomorrow. Join us for a conversation with industry consultant and training expert Joe Stoddard on what all of us can do to make this a key element in our business. We owe it to the industry to get this right.
Show highlights include:
- Why you have to budget for training or your business will die a slow, painful death (3:10)
- How to take people with limited construction knowledge and transform them into leaders inside your business (8:16)
- The “Pre-Assess & Reassess” system that ensures your employees learn something from your trainings (12:54)
- Systems and process need to be in place before you can train anyone else to use them (14:50)
- How the commodity mindset can cost you time and money (17:43)
- The counterintuitive way paying your team members more turns them into profit generators (19:51)
- Why making your business simpler is more profitable, makes it easier to hire new people, and eliminates expensive waste (26:15)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.