You need to understand that business is more relational than transactional. In this episode we talk with James Pagano, Owner of Growth Coach of Charlotte. With over 30 years of business ownership experience, and various corporate positions, he is well respected as a leader in professional development. We have had the privilege of getting to know James personally and professionally over the last few years and were fortunate to have him speak at an event we hosted in 2019 around the Power of Delegation.
Show highlights include:
- Why trying to run a small business by yourself will burn you out (4:42)
- You need to understand that business is more relational than transactional (5:46)
- How shaking hands grows your business more than a website and Google Adwords ever could (7:45)
- The critical first step for developing meaningful business relationships (10:23)
- The secret to creating freedom in your business (18:00)
- Why hiring for skill set only is a recipe for mediocrity (and 2 traits to hire for instead) (20:24)
- Why hiring someone before you’re 100% ready can skyrocket your growth (21:48)
- The “70/30 Rule” of networking that builds authentic business relationships (26:43)
- If you can’t lead yourself you can’t lead others! (34:48)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.
If you’d like to connect with James and discover how he can help your business grow, check out his website at https://www.jamespagano.com/.