Many people in the construction industry try toand compete on price. Not only does this cause stress and headaches, but it causes you to become nothing more than a commodity.
By leveraging social media to createting awareness, and leveraging social media, you can set proper expectations with your clients before you even talk to them on the phonehave the first phone call. It’s about playing the long game.
This strategy may not drown you in new appointments tomorrow, but it will help you build a business that pays dividends for years and decades to come.
In this episode, Nick Schiffer, owner of NS Builders, and co-host of The Modern Craftsman podcast, joins us to reveal his noble approach instead of competing on falling prices to building his business.
Show highlights include:
- How harnessing video to promote your construction business sets the proper expectations and gets you low-maintenance, the right clients (6:49)
- A “Local Pub” gig created awareness and led to a podcast (9:39)
- Giving away free estimates is wrecking your profit margins (18:30)
- By not playing the commodity game you can charge more than your competitors (and land the right projects) (19:53)
- A shift in mindset that frees you from your clients’ time and money constraints (29:19)
- Why sharing your shortcomings with clients actually increases your value (39:28)
- One simple question that prevents your clients from dictating the schedule (40:04)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.