Many builders and remodelers start their own company because they’re good at what they do. It makes perfect sense… until you realize everything involved in running a business.
There aren’t enough hours in a day, and you find yourself completely overwhelmed as the business descends into chaos. Your dream has become a nightmare.
Employees can help, but throwing the wrong employees into the mix can make things worse. So how do you lift yourself up out of the chaos?
In this episode, author and business coach Scott Beebe discusses the importance of vision and a roadmap, the things that are holding your business back, and a bulletproof hiring process for bringing on rockstar employees.
Show highlights include:
- Why the project management role in your business is prone to chaos and how you can restore order (4:34)
- The counterintuitive reason you shouldn’t start a company doing something you’re good at (4:53)
- 4 terrifying words that can kill your business instantly (5:57)
- Why principles trump strategies for sustainable business growth (8:31)
- How the “Spinach Factor” can calm a chaotic company (35:21)
- Two essential success tools you need to implement from day 1 to build a thriving business (10:44)
- Why employee failure is your fault and how to turn every team member into an A player (18:29)
- How the 1-page Master Process Roadmap will transform your business forever (25:26)
- Why trying to 10X your business will destroy it (36:21)
For more on Scott and his coaching programs for contractors, visit https://www.mybusinessonpurpose.com/
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.