Many financial advisors think they must sacrifice everything they love in order to build a successful business. For example, they’ll take another prospect call instead of spending the afternoon with their son.
But this is the wrong way to build a business. Your business shouldn't require you to sacrifice anything. Because your business exists to serve you, not the other way around.
Why do financial advisors sacrifice everything they love in life for their business? Well, it’s probably because they aren’t making enough money–or because they haven’t created a marketing plan that aligns with their unique personality, business and lifestyle goals.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to create a marketing plan that not only generates more cash flow, but creates more freedom and happiness too.
Show highlights include:
- The insidious “Altar of Convenience” trap financial advisors fall into which makes their family split at the seams (0:43)
- How to build a business that doesn’t rely on sacrificing time with your children (without worrying about going bankrupt) (1:18)
- The “Nike Approach” to building a business that generates more wealth and freedom to enjoy your newfound wealth (2:38)
- The single biggest mistake introverted financial advisors make that drives them from their business to a job that pays them a fraction of what their business did (7:39)
- Why videos don't work as well as text on LinkedIn (and the case for posting videos on LinkedIn despite this) (8:11)
- How to spellbind your ideal clients and “ethically force” them to become your client by simply thinking strategically (14:47)
- Why Lorena Bobbitt and Jack the Ripper prove that the service you provide is not your product (and how this unlocks more appointments and clients) (15:28)
- The 3 questions you must answer so your business doesn’t morph into a time-devouring, family-ruining monster (17:26)
If you’d like to connect with Anna, you can find her LinkedIn page here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anna-kareis/ or visit her website here: https://www.ameripriseadvisors.com/anna.kareis
Need help getting more clients as a financial advisor? I created a free, 53-minute video outlining the steps to my “CLIENT Method,” which helps financial advisors land more clients. Watch the video before I take it down here: https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/theclientmethod.html
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Coaching and pick up your free 90 minute download called “5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors” when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Want to transform your website into a client-getting machine? Go to https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/website to get The Client-Getting Website Guide.
Want a masterclass training in running effective Facebook Ads? Head to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/ads-training.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: