Most financial advisors ignore Gen Z thinking they don’t have capital. But this is a big, fat $100 million mistake.
Well, Gen Z has more than $100 million in buying power. They make up 20% of the population. And if you don’t start getting ahead of this trend now, you might find yourself without a business in 10-15 years.
That’s the bad news.
The good news?
In this episode, Ben Phillips from North Coast Asset Management and host of the Gen Z and Friends podcast, joins me to reveal how to market to Gen Z (without coming across as a cringy Gen Xer).
Show highlights include:
- How to tap into a segment of the population that has over $100 million in buying power (that most financial advisors ignore) (4:20)
- The one social media platform that 95% of Gen Z and millennials use almost daily (4:42)
- The “Four C’s” approach for marketing to Gen Z that makes them salivate about the idea of working with you (8:51)
- Why pandering to Gen Z by making cringy TikTok dances repels them away instead of attracting them (and how to stop pandering) (16:23)
- The counterintuitive way offline events work better for landing Gen Z clients than online ones (18:51)
- Why bashing crypto as dumb today is a surefire way to evaporate your sales pipeline and business 10 years from now (23:40)
Need help getting more clients as a financial advisor? I created a free, 47-minute video outlining the steps to my “CLIENT Method,” which helps financial advisors land more clients. Watch the video before I take it down here: https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/theclientmethod.html
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Coaching and pick up your free 90 minute download called “5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors” when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Want to transform your website into a client-getting machine? Go to https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/website to get The Client-Getting Website Guide.
Want a masterclass training in running effective Facebook Ads? Head to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/ads-training.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: