As a financial advisor, you often have your clients’ livelihood in your hands. But as a client to a financial advisor, it almost never feels like this.
Simply put, most financial advisors don’t understand enough about human psychology to turn logical conversations about money into emotional connections that resonate on a primal level. Without understanding psychology, you’ll never be able to impact your clients’ and prospective clients’ wealth generation as you otherwise would.
That’s the bad news.
The good news?
In this episode, financial advisor and behavioral economist, Dave Yeske, joins me to reveal how you can use psychology to better serve your clients.
Show highlights include:
- The “2 people” secret from psychologist Stuart Heller that helps you unlock better results for your clients (3:08)
- Why reading this book written by two economists will boost your success in your financial advising business more than perhaps anything else (5:07)
- How small incremental changes in your clients’ financial habits create ripple waves of wealth compared to massive changes (7:55)
- The simple “Financial Satisfaction Survey” technique to turn cold prospects into red hot clients by checking a few boxes (11:14)
- Why asking open-ended questions is the single greatest “sales skill” you can learn (12:39)
- 4 words to say to prospective clients that makes them salivate about the idea of working with you (15:10)
- The powerful “Connect the Dots” method for making it almost impossible for your clients to ignore your financial advice (18:42)
- How to become the most trusted and referred financial advisor in your market by acting like a peacock (24:47)
- Why “ignoring” someone after they tell you bad news comforts them more than trying to rationalize it (and how this helps you turn clients into lifetime loyalists) (29:32)
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Coaching and pick up your free 90 minute download called “5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors” when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Want to transform your website into a client-getting machine? Go to https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/website to get The Client-Getting Website Guide.
Want a masterclass training in running effective Facebook Ads? Head to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/ads-training.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: