Every successful fundraising letter contains five essential elements. These are pieces that must be included to make sure your appeal gets read, but more importantly, persuades the reader to give.
In today’s episode, the tables are turned as Mark interviews James to extract his expert experience and insights as well as the five ingredients every successful appeal must contain.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- The misconception of writing ‘off the cuff’ (2:00)
- The two best ways to get into fundraising with little or no experience (3:40)
- Why great writing skills are essential to the success of any business (6:35)
- The real difference between political and charitable direct response fundraising (11:00)
- Most common mistakes in fundraising copy and how to avoid them (14:30)
- Two baseline books every beginner copywriter must read (17:00)
- James’s inside tips for starting your own podcast (19:40)
- Three essential elements of a successful fundraising letter (25:00)
- How to add a personal touch to your donation letters (29:40)
- BE NOTICED: How to make sure your message never gets thrown in the trash (30:20)
Be sure to use these five valuable ingredients as you write your next appeal letter.
James Newberry is an expert in fundraising. He’s had a seasoned career in the industry and has lots of ideas in store for everyone. Connect with the Donor Doctor on Facebook. Don’t forget to leave a rating and review if you enjoyed the show. We love hearing from you!
Call the Donor Doctor at 240-477-3999.