Successful fundraising is more than just sales and marketing. Being a good salesperson or marketer is helpful, but there’s far more important ingredients that go into creating a successful fundraiser.
Today, James is joined by Stuart Maclean to talk about the 3 most important fundraising qualities: Empathy, discernment, and patience.
The Show Highlights:
- One attribute of all great copywriters (2:15)
- The importance of understanding your client’s story (5:20)
- An actor's technique: Building a bridge across the empathy gap (8:20)
- Self awareness and its role in discernment (10:10)
- Why you shouldn’t run a dollar bill direct mail campaign (10:45)
- Thinking like a farmer to reap the long term rewards (20:30)
Use the practical tips in today’s episode to help improve the success of your fundraising!
Download, listen, and enjoy today’s show.
James Newberry is an expert in fundraising. He’s had a seasoned career in the industry, and has lots of ideas in store for everyone. Connect with the Donor Doctor on Facebook. Don’t forget to leave a rating and review if you enjoyed the show. We love hearing from you!
Call the Donor Doctor at 240-477-3999.