What is the goal of your business?
The obvious answer for a business leader is profit.
And you achieve profit by growing your business.
But this is where things get tricky if your business outgrows you.
Because every business confronts you with the Federal Reserve's dual-mandate.
The Fed wants the economy to grow, but growth mustn't outpace the productivity behind it.
And while competition pushes your business to fast growth.
The true winner aligns growth with productivity.
M&A integration is the fastlane to grow your agribusiness.
But what makes or breaks your agribusiness is sustainable growth.
And in today’s episode, you’ll discover why every sustainable business is like the Federal Reserve, how to align the growth of your business with its productivity, and the signs which tell you an M&A integration will overwhelm you or not.
Show highlights include:
- Why the best business leaders act like the Federal Reserve (and how you can too) (00:40)
- The “Apple” imperatives which keep your business at the top of the pyramid (2:37)
- Three common ways growing your agribusiness can make it fragile (5:51)
- The “Big Bets” method to scale (and prevent neglecting) your core business (10:32)
- Follow this checklist to keep the right balance between growing and protecting your business (15:35)