Most M&A books sell you the importance of communication, but that’s where they usually stop.
You need to go the extra mile. I’m talking stuff like personal face time with your team and being available to answer questions right away.
And in today’s’ episode, we cover that.
The average M&A transaction has TEN THOUSAND individual, unique, and crucial decisions to make. Some of these include:
- How long is this going to take?
- How do we avoid making stupid decisions?
- How do we avoid wasting our time and/or money?
And these are only 3 of 10,000 decisions you have to make. That’s only 0.03% of the decisions you need to make!
Undertaking an M&A without knowing the answers to these questions BEFORE you start is why most acquirers feel underwhelmed by their deal.
So, how can you increase the chances of a successful M&A?
We answer that in today’s episode, where we cover M&A “IRR.” This will help you develop a concrete view on exactly when you’re ready to undertake an M&A integration.
We also “debunk” one of the greatest industry myths: that 70 to 90% of M&A transactions fail. Is this really true? I reveal the answer in today’s episode.
Show Highlights Include:
- The “SH Analysis” method to understand exactly who will be affected by your integration, what the reaction will be, and what you need to do fix it (2:31)
- Not sure if you’re ready to undertake your M&A? Use the M&A Integration Readiness Roadmap to be confident and clear when making your decision (3:28)
- Why the sacred cow statistic, “70 to 90% of M&A transactions fail”, may actually be M&A consultants trying to pump you full of fear (6:24)
- The spectrum which shows how most M&A integrations underwhelm the acquirers and participants involved (7:30)
- How to find the areas of weakness that produce friction, stress, or turbulence in your integration with the M&A IRR (12:25)
- The 12 “Integration Success Levers” to develop a predictive view on your readiness for M&A integration (16:46)
- Want to develop your own M&A “IRR?” Here’s 2 issues which gives you the false sense of making progress (when you’re actually procrastinating) (17:31)
- How to spy on your competitors and understand exactly where they stand in terms of M&A integration readiness (18:18)
For more about Joe Mosher, go here: