One of the skills which separate a true leader from a mere boss is the ability to make change happen.
A boss instructs, sends out one email, and lets his underlings take care of the rest.
Which often results in complete failure.
The problem is, that even “good” change scares your team. And scared people can never perform at their best, even if they want to.
Your plan may be perfect, but it is the way you communicate with your team that decides whether your change initiative succeeds or not.
And, in today’s episode, you’ll discover the small steps that prepare your team for big changes, how to help a team member adapt to a new task without overwhelming them, and how to create a working atmosphere that prevents conflict and builds trust.
Show highlights include:
- “Personal Leadership” skills which make everyone trust you and follow your lead right away (2:17)
- The hidden cause of every failed change initiative (and how you can fix that) (4:15)
- The pure magic of “Face Time “ (and how it makes your team perform without hesitation) (7:14)
- The counterintuitive way holding back your help enhances your teams performance (and how to keep them moving in the right direction) (9:01)
- What the greatest teams in the world understand about conflict and trust that almost nobody else does (12:28)
- The seemingly harmless belief that robs you of all your accomplishments (14:55)