If you find all the talk about the growth mindset boring, you are right.
But knowing what is wrong with it is an opportunity to find out what drives somebody to accomplish their goal.
The growth mindset has a fatal flaw. It doesn’t inspire you.
The current corporate playbook sees people as numbers, and human capital is not going to take part in making your company better.
But every person on your team has a better insight into your company’s day-to-day dealings, that they uncover inefficiencies nobody else can see.
And you need to encourage them to both spot and implement their improvements.
In today’s episode, JeVon McCormick, President and CEO of Scribe Media, shares how rethinking leadership can help every member of your team look for and implement improvements.
Show highlights include:
- Why the growth mindset can make you ignore your best ideas (and what to do instead) (1:54)
- 3 words you hear everyday which sabotage your self-esteem and erode the respect others have for you (2:37)
- The “Mind Belief” method for unlocking “hidden” treasure troves of growth in your company right now (9:41)
- The cruel truth about happiness in the business world (and how it can accelerate your emotional growth) (13:34)
- What to do this weekend to get ahead of the average American (even if you are poor) (22:41)