There’s a catch-22 that happens in almost every long-term relationship:
The more intimate your relationship becomes, the more it triggers unresolved, unconscious issues. This may explain seemingly random explosions of anger over minor disagreements or waves of sadness and low self-esteem.
Despite our wishes, repressing painful emotions doesn’t make them disappear into thin air. Instead, they simmer under the surface, and pop up when you least expect it. The problem is, these explosions of repressed trauma can sabotage even the healthiest of relationships.
That’s the bad news.
The good news?
Well, there are proven ways to not only deal with these suppressed emotions, but to make sure that they don’t sabotage your relationships or mental health. In today’s episode, we explore these proven ways, so you can free yourself of the poison they bring when left unanalyzed and unresolved.
Want to improve your mental health, relationships, and discover how to confront repressed emotions so they don’t backfire on you and your loved ones?
Show Highlights Include:
- Why ignoring your “emotional fitness” plants the seeds of destruction in even the healthiest of relationships (1:13)
- The 8 C’s of your true self—and how missing any one of these attributes means a false self is covering up your repressed insecurities (5:34)
- How being vulnerable with women often re-traumatizes men who haven’t yet discovered their true self and turns off your date (even if it seems like good advice on the surface) (6:26)
- Does your neediness prevent you from making authentic connections with women you date? Here’s the only true way to get rid of your neediness (7:09)
- Why your false selves sabotage your mental health (even if they help you land a few dates) (8:54)
- How the therapeutic process brings all of your psyche’s parts into harmony and balance and unlocks the deep connections you’ve been searching for in your relationships (13:36)
- Why repressed emotions linger under the surface and cause explosions of anger at the worst possible times (and how to handle repressed emotions in a healthier way) (14:48)
- The “Emotional Self Sufficiency” secret that enhances your mental health, your relationships, and your general wellbeing (17:21)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery