If you’re an achiever, you probably prioritize growth over everything else. You set goals for the distant future that you think will make you happy and fulfilled – goals that can only be achieved after dedicating long hours of grueling work and sacrificing your happiness in the short-term.
But here’s the problem:
When you finally achieve these long-term goals, you’ll realize they haven’t given you lasting happiness or fulfillment. Because society has sold you on the idea that the unenjoyable grind is always necessary for success.
Well, I’m here to tell you the truth…
You don’t have to sacrifice your enjoyment of today to reach lasting happiness and fulfillment.
There is no good reason you cannot accept your current situation and find enjoyment in it, while also crushing through roadblocks to get what you most want in the future.
In this episode, I dissect the common myths that society conditions you to believe, and how you can unlearn these unfulfilling behaviors to live a life of true happiness & satisfaction—today and in the future.
Show Highlights Include:
- Sinister ways society conditions you to be unhappy in pursuit of your goals (and how to achieve fulfilling goals without sacrificing your happiness) (00:48)
- The toxic truth about personal growth (and how it prevents you from getting what you want) (2:50)
- The Perfection Myth: How certain goals keep you unhappy, unfulfilled & stuck in life (5:20)
- How to consistently reach your goals without making yourself miserable (11:24)
- The “Inner World” secret for making mundane and boring activities fulfilling and fun (13:44)
- Try this “Reframe Growth” technique to crush through obstacles with ease (and live a life of supreme satisfaction) (15:27)
- How to find the balance between growth & enjoyment so that you don’t end up stuck grinding for “something more” forever (19:40)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery