Did you see the latest Jonah Hill controversy with his ex-girlfriend?
She shared their text exchange on Instagram, and while they both brought up some good therapeutic points, each of them handled the situation in a poor manner for varying reasons.
Since many listeners have written in wondering what I thought about this exchange, I figured I’d dedicate an entire episode to it. What Jonah did wrong, what he did right, and what he should’ve done in this situation if he was fully mature through his own therapeutic process.
In this episode, besides revealing what Jonah Hill should’ve done, I’m also going to cover what healthy boundaries are and why they’re so important to understand. Why you need to get clear on your values and standards before looking for a partner. And most importantly, why you need to allow for grace when evaluating other people.
- The “room temperature water” reason why picking a high-quality woman is the single most important thing you can do in your life (0:20)
- How using passive aggressive sarcasm when communicating your boundaries backfires and can even make your partner despise you (9:26)
- Did you see the Jonah Hill controversy with his ex-girlfriend? Here’s what Jonah should’ve done instead… (14:24)
- The single biggest mistake men make in the earlier stages of their relationship that all but guarantees your relationship won’t become a happy and healthy 50-year marriage (17:41)
- Mark Manson’s “F Yes, or No” rule for deciding with certainty whether your relationship will last or not (even if you’re still in the honeymoon phase) (23:28)
- The weird way you owe being a player or pickup artist now to your future wife (25:18)
- How simply staying curious about your feelings and emotions can prevent massive arguments and fights from erupting in your relationship (29:59)
- How to have tough conversations with your partner without coming across like an icky controlling boyfriend (34:31)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I've helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I'm therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here:
Emotional Mastery is David Tian's step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery
This episode features guest Steve Mayeda, a father of four and a life coach specializing in men’s personal development. You can learn more about Steve and his work here: https://www.stevemayeda.com/