The spiritual life is an essential part of our human experience. But suffering from dementia can make going to church a difficult and confusing experience.
So how can you help your loved one continue in their faith during periods of cognitive decline?
In this episode, we discuss why it’s important to let others know about your loved one’s diagnosis and how to stay connected to the faith community even when suffering from dementia.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- How to find God in your loved one’s dementia experience (5:36)
- Why unknowingly churches harm those with dementia and how those relationships can be restored (7:55)
- How to endure that dementia doesn’t cost your loved one their church connections (8:59)
- Why musical worship can provide a powerful spiritual experience for dementia sufferers (11:59)
- 4 ways to support the faith practice of dementia patients and enrich their lives (16:26)
- Why telling people to call if they need anything is unhelpful (and how to provide support instead) what you can do instead to provide needed support (23:44)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/