Your loved one’s lifestyle plays a huge role in maintaining cognitive function. This includes everything from the foods they eat to the activities they participate in.
By encouraging them to practice healthy habits and mentally stimulating activities, you are increasing the quality of their years, but possibly the quantity as well.
In this episode, I discuss the importance of social interaction and a variety of ways to keep your loved one’s brain healthy and functioning well so they can enjoy life.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Why the Community Approach is the single most important way to maintain your loved one’s mental sharpness (2:01)
- How to recognize harmful interactions so you can remove your loved one from the situation (3:35)
- The how a heart-healthy diet also keeps your brain working like a well-oiled machine (5:15)
- Why exercise is essential to long-term brain health (9:47)
- The surprising reason that writing can fend off Alzheimers and dementia (16:18)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/