Understanding basic Medicare options is not enough to ensure proper coverage for your loved one. There are limited windows to make decisions in. Miss a window and your family member may have to go without insurance for a period of time.
And choosing the wrong plan could lead to thousands of dollars of out-of-pocket expenses for prescription medications. Getting the details right is critical to securing the health and well-being of your family member.
With so many moving parts, it’s a good idea to get help from a professional in the industry.
In this episode, independent insurance broker Jack Townsend discusses how to navigate the various enrollment windows and pick the right plan based on your loved one’s unique circumstances.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Why getting the Medicare calendar wrong can leave your loved one without health insurance when they need it most (2:28)
- How to enroll your family member in Medicare even when they missed the enrollment period (2:56)
- What you have to know about changing plans when your loved one’s Medicare no longer covers their needs (5:35)
- Why “Part D” may be the most important Medicare choice you make and save you thousands of dollars (7:53)
- The surprising reason that your loved one’s current plan could be worthless to them next year (10:56)
- Why brand loyalty could destroy your loved one’s health (16:11)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/