One of the toughest questions to answer when you’re helping a loved one with dementia is this:
“Who can help me when their behavior becomes an issue?”
Since most caregivers are doing this for the first time, you’re not aware of how much help is out there.
In this episode, I’m joined by Kristin Marsh so she can share her secrets for getting the best help for your loved ones and to help them (and you) stay mentally healthy while we’re social distancing.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- The single best place to send your parents dealing with mental health issues (1:41)
- How you could be accidentally heightening anxiety in your loved ones with mental health problems (4:02)
- What to do when the nursing home isn’t giving your loved one the care they need (10:35)
- Doing this too late will sacrifice your loved ones quality of life (11:09)
- 5 mental health tips for dealing with the chaos of the current crisis (13:46)
- The best way for seniors to not feel isolated during the quarantine (14:32)
If you’re in Tarrant county and would like to meet with Kristin, send her an email at email@example.com.
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/