Most of us die with regrets. Amongst the top ones?
“I wish I had worked less”… “I wish I had spent more time with the people I loved”… and “I wish I had lived my own life”.
And a major cause of these regrets?
Retiring too late.
Imagine if instead of email notifications, your phone was flooded with phone calls from your loved ones… wanting to meet for coffee on a Wednesday morning, make travel plans, or
That could be your life in retirement.
Today’s guest Mary Brooksbank retired 4 weeks ago. She put it off for 6 months. And now she’s here to paint a picture of how your retired life could be.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to mentally prepare for retirement, so you can work less, spend more time with the ones you love, and live your best life.
Show Highlights Include:
- The weird way talking like a broken record prepares you for a seamless retirement (2:51)
- How school sports could help your children reach the top of the career ladder (12:01)
- The hidden “statement risk” that’s scientifically proven to harm your investment portfolio (14:47)
- Why a “protection mind” prevents you from enjoying retirement (and how to reverse this with Starbucks and a new car) (15:12)
- How to avoid a boring retirement with two words (even if your entire social network are your colleagues) (17:30)
“Clicking the Like button does not constitute a testimonial for, recommendation or endorsement of our advisory firm, any associated person, or our services. Clicking the Like button is merely a mechanism to circulate our social media page. “Like” is not meant in the traditional sense. In addition, postings must refrain from recommending us or providing testimonials for our firm.”