In the school days, most of us snored through history class.
But as we get older, we realize the importance of our past. If you ignore history, you miss out on valuable connections… and you risk investing in assets that plummet to zero.
Today’s guest is Ken Wise, a justice on the 14th Court of Appeals. In 2015, he started Wise About Texas, a Texas history podcast. Today, he’s here to show you how you can apply Texas history to improve your quality of life and leave a lasting legacy.
In this episode, you’ll discover how a little Texas history knowledge helps you build a valuable network, get through difficult times, and even become a better investor.
Show Highlights Include:
- The “when I get around to it” method that lets you build a legacy on the side (even if you’re swamped with work in your day job) (5:37)
- Why learning about the early settlements of Texas helps you perform better at your job (6:55)
- How a little “irrelevant” history knowledge lets you make meaningful friendships that reward you for decades (9:57)
- Why 19th Century investment advice lets you avoid Bitcoin bubbles (10:36)
- Two gifts that set your children up for a life of wealth (even though they cost almost nothing) (12:39)