Retirement is the toughest decision you will ever make. You’ve built a life around your career, a wealth of skills that are too good to throw away… and you’ve got money coming in.
When you retire, your life turns upside down. It sometimes feels like your skills are going to waste. And when the money slows down, it can be downright scary!
So how do you decide when to make the leap?
According to today’s guest, you pray and you listen.
Today’s guest is David Robinson of the San Antonio Spurs. He retired from the NBA in 2003 and has now built over 100 schools. And today he’s here to show you how to leave a legacy to be desired, even if you struggle with retirement at first.
In this episode, you’ll discover how God gives you clarity around retirement and how to build a legacy you will be remembered for.
Show Highlights Include:
- How a close connection with God helps you retire young without regrets (9:45)
- Why retiring lets you build a legacy that your community will remember you for (even if you never work a day for the rest of your life) (13:12)
- Take control of your finances by discovering which of the three “money minds” you have (15:05)
- How to set your children up for life, even if you donate your entire estate to charity (16:32)
- How to change lives after retirement by repurposing the talents you learned in your career (18:52)