One important question I like to ask women in my coaching program is this – What would you do if you could do anything?
What’s the change you’d like to see in the world?
The answer is always a variation of ‘I want to help people.’
And whether young, old or in midlife, the universal desire to be of service is rooted in our DNA.
However there is a disconnect between the desire to be of service and the courage to start. A lot of women are scared of ever taking that first step, so they end up at jobs they don’t enjoy, doing things they don’t want to be part of to sustain their family.
All while never fulfilling that strong desire to be of service.
My guest today, Courtney Johnson, was only 23 when she decided to follow her own prompting to use her life to be of service. She founded an organization called Culinary Care, providing meals to people undergoing cancer treatment, and has been at it for a decade.
How did she do it?
How did she take that bold step to start, build this service and scale it over the past 10 years?
In this episode, Courtney shares how she birthed the idea for Culinary Cares, found people who needed help, and was able to scale and sustain her non-profit over a decade.
Show Highlights Include:
- How the idea for Culinary Care was birthed out of tragedy (and what you can learn from that). (4:27)
- How to find people in need for your service by learning the exact steps Courtney took to find hers. (10:58)
- Why you need to wear all the hats early on in your service business (and why it isn’t sustainable in the long term) (16:37)
- The number one attitude you should always have as an entrepreneur. (28:00)
- A perspective you should adopt to keep you from being overwhelmed at any point of your service. (31:40)
Visit the Culinary Care website. www.culinarycare.org
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057