Have you experienced the feeling of achieving your personal, professional, and financial goals… yet still feeling dissatisfied? We often get stuck in our “zone of excellence”, collecting achievements and rewards that don’t speak to the core of who we really are.
However, we stay there because it’s comfortable and relatively easy, and we avoid moving into the “zone of genius”, where our true passions lay.
In this episode, bestselling author Gay Hendricks and I discuss, why your zone of genius is key to unlocking brilliant balance in your life, why we don’t allow ourselves to be happy (and how to fix it), and how to increase the amount of luck in your life.
Gay Hendricks is the author of The Big Leap, a book that reveals a simple yet comprehensive program for overcoming our one barrier to happiness and fulfillment, providing a clear path for achieving our true potential and attaining not only financial success but also success in love and life. His latest book, Conscious Luck, reveals eight ways to change your fortunes through the power of intention. Gay has appeared on more than 500 radio and television shows, including Oprah, CNN, CNBC, 48 HOURS and others.
Show highlights include:
- Why we avoid hanging out in our “zone of genius” and how that holds us back (4:25)
- The surprising way compassion can prevent you from achieving your goals (8:04)
- How to effectively get your message across without using words (9:52)
- Why intellectual genius prevents you from living a well-rounded life (12:54)
- The number one explanation given for failed relationships (and how you can avoid it) (15:35)
- The counterintuitive reason we don’t allow ourselves to be happy (17:16)
- Why your “zone of excellence” is a potential-destroying trap (23:42)
- Research-backed methods to increase the amount of luck in your life (27:48)
- Why a traffic jam can be your greatest opportunity for personal growth (33:10)
Post on Instagram with #letsbebrilliant and tag @cskolnicki
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057/
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work: https://cherylanneskolnicki.com
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: https://cherylanneskolnicki.com/program/