In this episode, you’ll discover…
- Why avoiding small, petty arguments in your marriage is the first step for sabotaging your relationship according to a mathematician turned psychologist (2:33)
- The “would you say that at work?” filter that instantly stops silly disputes with your spouse before they start (3:30)
- The counterintuitive reason working hard to give your kids a good life cripples your relationship with them (10:38)
- How putting your family first helps you become the youngest GM in a Fortune 500 company’s history (even if it seems like your career will plummet by focusing less on it) (11:40)
- Why you should run away from working at your dream business if they don’t let you openly talk about your faith (25:31)
- How being bold in your faith creates a deeper connection with your company (especially if it seems like not talking about your faith is the best way to land promotions) (29:@4)
- Why being a great leader is impossible without having humility, authenticity, and vulnerability (32:12)
- How being a “Bible thumper” pushes other people away from your faith (and what to do instead to convert non believers) (34:02)
If you’d like to learn more about Kirk and connect with him, you can find his LinkedIn profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kirk-perry-3410bb1a/
Are you crushing it at work but struggling at home? If you want to learn how to win at home, then go to https://CoryMCarlson.com and download your free copy of “10 Ways To Win At Home.”
If you're looking for a resource to help you with these times when your work is now in your home, check out my book Win At Home First on Amazon. Forbes Magazine rated it one of 7 books everyone on your team should read.
Are you stuck in your business, your marriage, or with your spirituality? If you are, I’m launching the Prioritize Leadership Academy in April — designed to help you break through your financial, family, or faith-based rut. You can learn more about it here: https://www.corymcarlson.com/prioritizedleaderacademy/.