Most physicians think they’re invincible to accidents which can disable them and forever change their life. Physicians spend decades in school dedicating their lives to their careers, but never think twice about how quickly it can end or get altered.
That’s what happened with today’s guest, Dr. Naguib Farah. Dr. Naguib thought he had good genes, and never considered he’d one day be unable to work a full workweek. But then his stresses got to him, caused a stroke, and left him with partial blinding in one of his eyes.
Dr. Naguib still works in some capacity today, but only 66% of the time he used to work. Luckily for Dr. Naguib, he had good disability insurance (even though he almost got denied).
In this episode, Dr. Naguib shares his story of becoming disabled and how his disability insurance saved him from financial and existential anxiety and depression.
- Why private disability insurance is crucial for your financial freedom (especially if you think you have good genes and will never get disabled) (5:16)
- How to get the best definitions and rates for your disability insurance (5:59)
- The insidious way even “healthy” physicians can become unable to perform their duties overnight (6:57)
- Why filing an insurance claim with a broker help you receive your benefits faster (and with fewer headaches) (17:59)
- How to get an insurance company to accept your claim (even if they’ve denied you before) (19:03)
- The weird way disabled physicians are their own worst enemy to their doctors (and how this could make your insurance company deny your claims) (20:40)
To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.