Good disability coverage could be the difference between financial security for life, and being broke and bound to a wheelchair.
There are between 70 and 75 disability insurance companies to choose from in the USA. Most of them weasel their way out of paying you, with a team of lawyers (and ill-defined policies).
And if you’re a woman, it gets worse: most companies charge you higher premiums just because of your gender. And some of them offer “gender neutral rates”, which is often a way of tricking you into a bad policy.
In short, disability insurance is a minefield.
That’s why we’ve made it easy for you. In this episode, we’ve narrowed down your options to just 4 reputable companies who’ll support your lifestyle (even if you become unable to work).
Listen now and take care of your insurance worries for good.
- Why choosing an independent broker helps you get the best rates on your disability insurance (and avoid institutions who are just in it for the money) (1:57)
- How to simplify your disability insurance choices by narrowing the 70+ companies down to just 4 (2:26)
- How to lock in your trainee discount (without paying high premiums) (2:47)
- The “elimination period” hack that well-prepared medical practitioners use to lower their insurance premiums (3:35)
- How to claim a full disability payout (even if you are still able to work as a doctor) (4:18)
- The “double-dipping” loophole that allows you to profit up to $3,000 from minor injuries (even if you’re still able to work) (10:54)
- Why choosing the “COLA rider” option secures your lifestyle after disability (even as inflation continues to rise) (12:21)
- Why females pay more than males for the same disability coverage (and how to get that rate down) (13:23)
- How busy trainees can avoid time-wasting medical screenings with the “streamline” approach (15:53)