As an early-career doctor, you’ve barely got a spare minute to yourself. The last thing you want to do is spend hours poring over insurance policy options.
But choosing the right disability insurance policy is one of the most important financial decisions you’ll ever make. Without it, you could lose your biggest asset: your ability to earn an income.
Thankfully, brokers make your life easier by comparing policies for you. But the wrong broker makes you pay a lot for incomplete coverage!
In this episode, we help you identify good brokers by applying the golden rule: “the rate is the rate”. You'll also discover some common “red flags” to spot a shady broker.
Show highlights include:
- Why “shopping around” for the cheapest broker now could force you to overpay for the rest of your life (1:35)
- How to stay insured when you work abroad (without hunting for an overseas broker) (3:47)
- Why good brokers advocate for you in the event of a claim (even if you don’t pay them any more) (4:11)
- Avoid hours of being on hold with your insurance company by signing one piece of paper (4:50)
- The most common “red flag” that leaves doctors disabled without an insurance payout (5:26)
- How shady brokers pay themselves twice while ripping you off – beware of the “step premium” (6:08)
- Why you should run the other way if your broker insists on “medical before quote” (7:47)
To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.