Many trainee physicians are afraid of needing disability leave. As a trainee, you don’t have guaranteed job stability and insurance coverage like full time residents or fellows.
That makes it tough to worry about an accident or needing disability leave.
Disability insurance promises you peace of mind. But it’s tough to find the right policy: Some providers don’t offer much coverage, they’re expensive, and they cap your future coverage.
This episode shows you the key elements to look at to find a policy that secures your family’s lifestyle.
Listen to discover how to maximize your insurance for stability—even as your career advances.
Show Highlights Include:
- What financial underwriting occurs when purchasing disability insurances a trainee (1:33)
- How getting the wrong policy as a trainee could cap how much coverage you get as a full time resident (1:33)
- Why insurance companies don’t care if residents take disability… but worry about giving trainees too much coverage (3:00)
- The most important factors to find an insurance policy that lets you keep your lifestyle (4:30)
- Why getting a disability policy as a “locks in” a discount for the rest of your career—regardless of your health(5:45)
- How to maximize your insurability throughout your career as a resident (6:00)
To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.