Being a physician can be extremely difficult. Long hours, tough working conditions, and having to witness life-altering medical conditions and even death on a regular basis. It can take a serious toll on your mental and emotional state. Every once in a while this can cause even the strongest doctors to have a breakdown… or worse.
So what if you can’t work and earn your salary due to a condition that isn’t a physical disability?
In this episode, Billy discusses how to get disability coverage in such a case, the options that are available, and how to determine if this option is right for you.
Highlights from this episode include:
- The secret to cutting through the confusion created by other agents and make sure you understand this benefit (1:33)
- If you’re in one of these specialties, you should get this coverage immediately (3:34)
- Insurance companies will use this to deny you psychiatric benefit coverage (4:54)
- When you can’t get the psychiatric benefit, this should be your very next step to protect your livelihood (6:19)
- The surprising truth about how long a psychiatric benefit is typically paid (7:32)
To ask questions on insurance coverage or to get a quote, please don’t hesitate to call us anytime at 704-270-2376, and I’d be glad to discuss your specific situation with you.