The concept of “healing” might sound appealing, but it’s actually a dangerous trick in disguise. Why? Well, it means you have to believe something is wrong with you in the first place, otherwise healing would never interest you.
And when you let healing lure you in like a worm on a fishing rod it can actually create more misery, shame, and suffering.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. You don’t have to “fix” or “heal” anything. Instead, you could just be done with that “masterpiece” of your life, and start painting a brand-new canvas, free from your past mistakes and trauma.
How do you do this?
In this episode, I reveal the counterintuitive way to stop judging yourself for your past, and how this unveils a new beauty in life.
Show Highlights Include
- How diving deep into art forces you to see the hidden beauty in life (1:29)
- The insidious “fix me” trap you can fall into on your healing journey which actually heightens your misery (6:53)
- The “Masterpiece” mindset shift for becoming oddly grateful for your past traumas, addictions, and suffering (9:04)
- How writing your own eulogy can help you set down the worst things from your past and start a new life (16:27)
- Do you shame yourself for your mistakes? Here’s why celebrating them instead frees you from them instead of imprisoning you to them (24:32)
Need help unlocking mental, emotional, and physical freedom in your life? Grab my new book, Built for Freedom: Adventures Through Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction, Trauma, Pain, and Our Body’s Innate Ability to Leave Them All Behind on Amazon (or Audible) here: https://www.amazon.com/Built-Freedom-Adventures-Depression-Addiction/dp/B0BS79GMYN
Or head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.