“What entertains you, trains you.” It’s a pithy quote I’ve repeated often on this show, but there’s also hardcore scientific evidence that proves this phenomenon is true.
For example, in science, there’s what’s known as the placebo effect, and the nocebo effect. Both of these phenomenons prove that your thoughts can alter your reality—both in positive and negative ways.
Here’s what that means for you in your life:
You are in the driver’s seat. You have complete control over the experiences you want to have. And the experiences you don’t want to have. You just have to pay attention to what’s training you.
Take suffering for example. It’s not a fact of life, but it happens. And it’s an option. But most people don’t realize there are other options available too.
In this episode, we dive into the 8th chapter from my brand-new book, and reveal how much control you have over your thoughts and feelings. And how to pick more positive options instead of drowning in your suffering.
Show Highlights Include:
- The “Placebo/Nocebo Effect” for bending reality to your will and unlocking a deeper sense of peace (1:18)
- The weird reason why your own name can cause your trauma to attack you (2:12)
- How social institutions subtly brainwash you to hyperfocus on negative things instead of looking for the positive things we’re surrounded by (6:11)
- Why your thoughts alone about a past experience can morph it from a positive one to a negative one (and vice versa) (10:44)
- How physiological experiences can wipe out lifelong trauma in mere minutes (10:59)
- The scientific mechanism which proves—beyond a shadow of a doubt—that your thoughts change the way your body operates (14:07)
- The strange “religion as a technology” secret for feeling better and even living longer (17:03)
Need help unlocking mental, emotional, and physical freedom in your life? Grab my new book, Built for Freedom: Adventures Through Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction, Trauma, Pain, and Our Body’s Innate Ability to Leave Them All Behind on Amazon (or Audible) here: https://www.amazon.com/Built-Freedom-Adventures-Depression-Addiction/dp/B0BS79GMYN
Or head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.