About 14 years ago, a plane crashed into a volcano it didn’t see because the coordinates had been two degrees off on the instrument panel.
This story reminds me of the current state of therapy: Therapy’s success rates are shockingly low. In fact, even shock therapy gives you better odds. Now, it’s not because therapists are bad people, most of them have the best intentions, but they’re just two degrees off on how to solve it.
Well, in this episode, we look at Chapter 2 from my newest book, Built for Freedom, and my journey for discovering a better, faster, and more effective way to conquer your addictions and trauma.
Want to speed up your “healing process,” and free yourself from your past? Listen now.
Show Highlights Include
- The insidious “Shock Therapy” trap many people fall into after a traumatic experience that they think will help, but actually increases their suffering (7:13)
- Why popping healing sessions like pills can result in getting help for 14 straight years without overcoming your problem (8:52)
- How the healing process itself can make you addicted to it and unable to ditch your past (12:33)
- The weird way depression can become a meditative state (and how to figure out if you secretly like your depression) (16:07)
- Why shock therapy actually has better odds at reducing your symptoms than most of the regular therapy modalities (17:55)
- The “Dancing with Fear” secret for using your fear to make you happier and more free (19:29)
- How blindly believing what people like Jordan Peterson or even I say is a recipe for anxiety and misery (and what to do instead) (31:47)
Need help unlocking mental, emotional, and physical freedom in your life? Grab my new book, Built for Freedom: Adventures Through Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction, Trauma, Pain, and Our Body’s Innate Ability to Leave Them All Behind on Amazon (or Audible) here: https://www.amazon.com/Built-Freedom-Adventures-Depression-Addiction/dp/B0BS79GMYN
Or head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.