Humans tell lies almost every day. And while they seem harmless on the surface, they’re far more deadly than we realize. Everytime you exaggerate or lie, it robs you of energy and happiness.
Exaggeration isn’t always bad. It sends you on an emotional rollercoaster ride that can be fun — if you’re in control of it. But exaggeration causes chaos and havoc in your life and relationships when you’re not aware you’re doing it.
In this episode, I reveal why we exaggerate and why it’s so harmful to our relationships. Then, I share practical tips for controlling your “exaggeration gene” so you can enjoy it without any of the negative hangups.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Why kids are happier than adults (4:09)
- Why learning from your children is more important than teaching them (4:42)
- How speaking in absolutes forces you to strap into an emotional rollercoaster ride (8:30)
- How seemingly harmless lies cause more destruction than you realize (13:48)
- Why exaggeration usually leads to unnecessary pain and suffering (14:45)
- How deleting words like “always” and “never” from your vocabulary unlocks power, comfort, and happiness in your life (17:42)
- The “Chuckle Secret” for getting through stressful situations without embarrassing yourself (19:03)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.