There’s a popular retirement ad that asks retirees what their retirement “number” is. This approach to retirement makes sense — and it’s generally better to have more savings than less.
But that isn’t always the case. There’s something more important than your savings. And that’s how much income you make from your savings.
In this episode, you’ll discover why setting a retirement income goal helps you enjoy your retirement while a savings goal makes you worry you’ll run out of money.
Listen to the episode now so you can live your retirement to the fullest.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why following the popular “what’s your number?” TV ad can force you to get a job in retirement (5:41)
- Should you have a savings goal or an income goal in retirement? Here’s the answer so you enjoy your retirement (7:20)
- The cold, hard truth about why so many retirees can’t enjoy their retirement (and how to avoid this) (8:07)
- Why being afraid of running out of your retirement money steals your retirement memories (8:28)
- The counterintuitive way aiming for a million dollar nest egg makes you complacent and ruins your returns (9:25)
- The “Moving Target Method” for setting your retirement number that prevents you from running out of cash (11:12)
- Why you might have enough savings today to retire right now (even if you haven’t hit your “number” yet) (14:45)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/, call us at 805-409-8150, or text track to 805-409-8150.