Are you thinking about buying your first home or moving up into a better home?
Most of my clients #1 expense is their housing. Buying (or upgrading) a house is a big decision that comes with a lot of peer pressure.
To make matters worse, paying too much for your home can cripple your financial future. And paying too little for your home makes you feel like you’re living in an inescapable nightmare.
That’s why I recommend everyone thinking about buying a home to ask the 3 questions I discuss in today’s episode.
Listen to the episode now before you make a decision you might regret later!
Show Highlights Include:
- Why listening to Dave Ramsey about mortgages sacrifices your financial freedom and happiness (2:58)
- The “50/30/20 Rule” for managing your budget (without overpaying or underpaying for anything) (8:03)
- The downside of owning a home — especially as a young person (9:49)
- 6 “hidden” expenses of owning a home that most people don’t think about (10:03)
- What percentage of your income should go towards your mortgage? Here’s the answer… (11:52)
- Why living in a home for less than 7 years almost guarantees that you won’t make money when you sell it (12:53)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.