Retirement is more than having a plan in place. And while you may be excited thinking about how you’ll spend your days, you have to ask the right questions today (or let your emotions make financial decisions in the future).
Your mind and body have to agree on retirement or it often leads to an unhappy one.
In this episode, I discuss the five questions you should ask yourself prior to quitting your job and the answers that provide a happy and healthy retirement.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why retirement is more than financial planning and how to tell if it’s time to leave the job yet. (2:05)
- Why picking the best time to retire starts by ignoring your calendar. (5:50)
- The book for living a purpose-driven retirement (no matter what you do). (8:55)
- What your lifestyle and hobbies have to say about your retirement plan today (and why income doesn’t matter that much). (12:04)
- Understanding how much money your retirement plan needs and how to protect it from unknown expenses in the future. (18:05)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.