With so many ways to invest your retirement money, many first responders put off making a choice until it’s too late. There’s only so much to go around, and you need to pay your bills too!
Your deferred compensation plan is one of the biggest benefits available to first responders, so getting your contribution right is key to retiring on your terms.
In this episode, I discuss how to figure out exactly what you should contribute, and why small increases add up to huge amounts over time.
Show Highlights Include:
- The “Ripple Effect” principle that can dramatically improve your retirement lifestyle and how to kickstart it today (3:38)
- How to determine exactly how much you should contribute to your deferred comp plan (8:01)
- Why “Dollar Amount” contributions are stunting the growth of your retirement plan and what you need to do instead (11:29)
- Is the ROTH IRA may not be right for you? How to figure it out today. (12:59)
- A proven method to decrease investment volatility and give you peace of mind when investing (15:30)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.