Money is a complicated topic. We all have ideas and associations with money that we picked up over the course of our lives.
But these hold us back from saving the money we need to retire on our own terms. The wrong ideas can lead to devastating financial consequences.
In this episode, I discuss 6 common investing mistakes and how you can avoid them to keep your retirement on track.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why seeking the perfect retirement plan will have you working until you’re 90 (2:16)
- A devastating market-timing mistake that can drain your retirement account faster than you thought possible (3:08)
- Why you need to embrace risk to build a retirement account that will support your lifestyle when you stop working (4:41)
- How focusing on daily stock changes causes you to tank your long-term (9:09)
- Why building a perfect portfolio is impossible and how to make the best decisions for your own retirement plans (10:24)
- How the perfect life circumstances could prevent you from ever retiring (15:57)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.