The FAA is the guardians of the sky.
Their high standards with brain health can keep you grounded for a long time.
They have neurologists on board as advisors to help them identify cognitive issues of pilots.
If you suffer from a neurological issue such as a repeating headache, or a seizure then you can kiss your pilot’s license goodbye.
But, if you know the rules of the FAA and how to navigate around it, there might be a way to continue to fly.
In this episode, we are joined by Dr. Joseph Sirven who has been on the FAA’s Neuro panel to discuss what the FAA looks for in brain health. Tune in to navigate the complex FAA rules around neurology so that you can keep soaring through the skies.
Tune in now!
Show highlights include:
- How these brain patterns can keep you from flying ever again (7:12)
- The Neuro Exam by the FAA that tests your brain for decline (and how to ace it) (10:00)
- Do you have these three brain conditions that can impact your ability to fly? (10:25)
- Use these doctor recommended strategies to safeguard your brain health (and prevent reoccurring issues) (11:35)
- What to look for in a neurologist who can get your brain back to peak performance (13:18)
- The “Hemosiderin” condition that derails most pilots from flying (16:40)
- Avoid these heavy brain meds that will make you sleepy while you fly (23:17)
For more information or to get in touch with us, go to https://thepilotlawyer.com/contact/