After holding out for many years I finally broke down and read Cialdini's “Influence.”
If you missed it, I recorded a short video and shared my sketch notes here:
If you haven't read it yet, first check out my notes and video then grab yourself a copy.
I've got to tell you that I'm glad I finally read it.
It has inspired me to dive deeper into the 6 principles of persuasion he shares in the book.
In fact, I've decided to focus the entire May issue of my Podcast Mogul Newsletter on how you can use these 7 principles to launch and grow your podcast audience.
If you're short on time I'll give you a quick review on the 6 principles:
1.. Reciprocity: This is where you'll see how you can use the “law” of reciprocity to launch your podcast to eager listeners.
2. Commitment and Consistency: In here you'll find out how some of your favorite Guroobs could be leading you down the wrong path with their bad advice and how doing a complete 180 degree turn from what they are saying could be the best decision you ever make.
3. Social Proof: Leverage the principle of social proof to get more people interested in what you have to say.
4. Liking: Getting a thumbs up on Facebook isn't enough, using your podcast correctly you can speed up the “like cycle.”
5. Authority: The single most popular reason most people want to start a podcast is for this.
6. Scarcity: If you play your cards right, there won't be enough of you to go around.
Anyways, these are just some brain farts on how I'm tying Cialdini's 6 principles of persuasion into the next Podcast Mogul Newsletter.
If you want to use them to launch your show and grow your audience subscribe today at http://PodcastMogul.com