The prospect of retirement can feel both exciting and daunting, all at the same time. Not only do you have to start living off your savings, but you also need to make sure you don’t run out of money.
So, how do you build a retirement portfolio that serves both purposes? And what are the risks you can prepare for?
In this episode, you’ll discover why Portfolio Risk is one of the most important considerations for pre-retirees.
Listen now to build a portfolio that puts you in a stronger financial position.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why do retirees and pre-retirees need to think about Portfolio Risk (and how diversifying your Portfolio saves you from unforeseen events) (2:10)
- Four questions to consider to make sure your portfolio is properly positioned to help mitigate the bad years as best you can (6:58)
- How keeping a certain amount of your income in “short-term instruments” protects you from unforeseen market volatility (8:20)
- Why the good-old “money under the mattress” way of storing your income is the worst idea (and a more reliable practice) (9:01)
- The FLOOR method to adjust how much Portfolio Risk you could take (9:59)
Thinking about what your typical week in retirement will look like? Download our Ideal Week in Retirement planner.