I’ve met very few people who like working two full-time jobs. But with the constant stream of information, that’s exactly what it can feel like if you want to stay ahead of what’s happening in your field. So, realistically, how does one find and stay ahead of trends without sacrificing too much time with family and friends, or without feeling like it’s hustle 24/7?
Glad you asked! Today, I’m going to share with you some streamline ways to be sure you stand out and are noticeable to the players in your industry so you’ll always be in demand.
– You don’t have to be a bookworm, but there are some things you should be scanning religiously if you want to know what everyone’s talking about … (1:38)
– Industry trends and new ideas fall into two categories. You’re opinion on which is important, but you better back it up. (2:17)
– Selectively go to conferences and meetings, but not primarily to learn. What really should drive your decision to attend. (3:11)
– What you need to do to become the person everybody goes to … (4:32)
– Being in the right place at the right time to be seen as the trend-setter … (5:18)
As you’ll learn in the episode, so much of remaining employable and being in demand comes down to remaining relevant, and doing the things that place you in demand. And here’s a little hint: the vast majority of people aren’t doing this, so when you do, you’ll stand out all the more.
So pretend YOU’RE FIRED today, and start checking off that list of activities you need to do now, while you’re working, to create demand before you need it.
Of course, you don’t have to do all of this alone. If you you don’t want to do it alone, and would like personalized coaching, then hop over to http://executivejobsecurity.com. We’ll be glad to help.
Have a listen, now!