If you have a career of any kind you have probably used an Elevator Pitch before.
Sometimes, a great elevator pitch could literally mean a new career opportunity for you. And if you feel your pitch doesn’t sound natural and personal enough, or you never know quite what to say… then today’s episode is a must-listen!
We’re going to address 7 steps that will help you craft a pitch you can use for any formal or informal event you attend. BBQs, conferences, job fairs, networking events, cocktail parties, community gatherings… you name it. Everywhere you go, you’ll know exactly how to answer that dreaded question, “So, what do you do?” with confidence!
- Specific questions to ask yourself before you even start writing your pitch. (3:22)
- How to tweak your pitch for different audiences. (4:04)
- What is “data dump” and how it can significantly improve the way you write your pitch. (5:09)
- The reason why you need a “hook” and a simple way to come up with one. (5:44)
- The biggest mistake most professionals make when creating their pitches. (7:29)
- How to refine your pitch so it comes across more personal and passionate. (8:24)
- A little adjustment to your posture that can instantly turn your pitch into the most natural sounding thing you say. (9:06)
And if you want even more resources, go to http://interviewprepsheet.com and download your Interview Prep Sheet. You’ll get additional interview tactics and strategies to make sure you have all your bases covered and you’re ready to crush your next interview.
Start listening now!