Welcome to another episode of the Pretend You’re Fired Today show!
Today’s topic is all about the next thing on your “Pretend you’re fired” list. And that is… your “career maintenance” activity.
You’re going to hear five most common mistakes smart executives make all the time and what to do to correct them. This will help you keep your network warm and always be on top of their mind.
Remember: The best time to create demand for you is when you don’t need it… so when necessity comes, the demand is going to be there for you.
– The one essential element you need to have in place before you even start updating your profile or resume.(4:26)
– Signs that you’re not making any connections and keeping your network warm. (5:25)
– This one assumption is hurting competent high level people more than anything. (6:20)
– Why you shouldn’t use job boards. (7:34)
– How to become invaluable to your organization. (And to your boss!) (8:24)
And if you’re curious to see how fast you’d find a new position today if, suddenly, you’d lose your job? Go to joblandingquiz.com, take the quiz, and get the score.
Start listening now.