In the previous episode we started talking about passive recruiting. And why you should start putting it into motion.
Let’s continue the conversation and move on to the second aspect of passive recruiting:
Keeping your network robust and always talking about you.
When recruiters ask around who is good at X, your network will point at YOU. Which means, recruiters (and hiring managers) will come to you first!
What you’ll hear today is one of the best ways to keep your network primed and active so you stay on top of their minds and create demand for you consistently.
Specifically, you will learn four simple ways to grow and unlock the power of your network using nothing but LinkedIn.
- One quick thing you can do starting today to prevent feeling awkward when calling people and asking for help. (3:24)
- How to use LinkedIn Groups to grow your network and appear in searches more often… without spamming anyone. (4:26)
- How to take advantage of your Status Update field so people start seeing you as a thought leader. (5:10)
- A simple way to take conversations off social media and turn them into valuable connections. (5:50)
- Do this and people will naturally want to help you when you need it most. (6:20)
And here’s the best part.
When you start implementing these four points into your weekly work life, you help your network do the work for you.
Next time someone says, “do you know anybody talented that does X,” guess whose name will come up?
To get additional tips on how to strengthen this even further, go to linkedinprofilecheatsheet.com and get your free LinkedIn Profile Cheat Sheet training.
Start listening now.